Whether you are doing your makeup yourself or getting a professional to do it for you, there are always a few things you should be aware of when it comes to bridal makeup. I have put a few tips together that I have learnt over the years to make sure your bridal makeup comes out as amazing as you hoped!
1. Always have a trial! Having a trial is so important because what you think may suit you could infact be the total opposite. It is useful to try the makeup out for the whole day and see if it feels either too heavy or light for you. You need to test the longevity of the makeup as it is not good if your winged eyeliner has smudged a couple hours into the day!
2. If you are going to have a spray tan for your wedding then have a spray tan trial. It is best to be as close to the skin tone you will be on the day of the wedding for the trial so you can see what the makeup will look like accurately. Your makeup look changes so much depending whether your pale or tanned so please bare this in mind.
3. Use individual lashes on your wedding day as these last a lot longer than strip lashes and look a lot more natural!
4. Get your brows waxed or threaded a 3-5 days before your wedding.
5. Treat yourself to a couple of facials before your wedding day! This will help the makeup go on a lot smoother on the day.
1. If you are the type of girl that never wears any makeup then don't wear heavy makeup on your wedding day. You will not feel yourself or comfortable and as it is such a special day you want to feel the best version of you.
2. Do not pick a make up artist just because they give you the best quote. Price is usually a reflection of service; when looking for a makeup artist compare people's skill level to their price to find the best artist for you. If you are getting a very cheap quote from a make up artist then 9 times out of 10 it is because they're inexperienced, not insured and use poor quality products
3. If you are doing your makeup yourself never try a new product out on the day. It may not work with your skin and you don't need that stress on the day. Use your most trusted products.
4. Don't base your bridal makeup on a trend as you want your makeup to be timeless. You don't want to look back on your wedding photos and think 'wow I went overboard with that contouring and highlighting'!
5. Don't rush your makeup on the day. Allow yourself 1 hour for makeup so you can take it slow and enjoy it.